Saturday, December 26, 2009

Poem

This poem was included in one of Bud's letters home. I'm not sure who wrote it, but it was changed to fit Bud's situation so I know he wasn't the author. There were other poems included but they were less than G rated so I will just share this one! (The words in parentheses are what Bud included to make it his own.)

A Soldier's Confession (I mean this sweet)

When I get back to the one I love,
I swear by God above,
That I'll never gripe and never complain,
About the little things that I fail to gain.

A much needed lesson has been taught to me,
And I've learned how pretty some things could be.
The love of a wife so wonderful as you,
Is the most precious thing that I ever knew.

And a home with all its comforts and joys,
And maybe a family, say a couple of boys. (1 girl and 1 boy, HA)
If I have just these my cup will be full,
And I'll have the world on a down hill pull.

If some little thing jerks me and starts me to rage,
Just haul out a club and this little page.
Just whack me across the seat of my pants,
And remind me of the days that I spent in France. (Germany)


No comments:

Post a Comment